Term Employment Tripartite Standards by TAFEP
November 06, 2017
We have adopted the Tripartite Standard on the Employment of Term Contract Employees by Tripartite Alliance of Fair Employment Practices (TAFEP) and are committed to be a fair and progressive employer of term contract workers! Term contract employees are those who are on fixed-term contracts of employment that will terminate upon the expiry of a specific term unless it is renewed.
The specifications of adopting the tripartite standards are:
1. Providing statutory leave benefits under the Employment Act and the Child Development Co-Savings Act based on cumulative length of continuous service.
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Maternity leave
- Paternity leave
- Adoption leave
- Childcare leave and extended child care leave
2. In instances of early termination or non-renewal of the term contract, the notice period shall not be less than
- less than 26 weeks of cumulative service - 1 day's notice
- at least 26 weeks but less than 2 years - 1 week's notice
- at least 2 years but less than 5 years - 2 weeks' notice
- at least 5 years - 4 weeks' notice
3. Employees are to be trained to perform their jobs effectively.
We have been abiding by these specifications throughout the years as we believe in fair employment. While contract employees form a smaller part of our workforce, they are as equally important to us. As an Executive Search and Recruitment firm, it is all the more essential for us to represent our clients well when it comes to managing contract employees parked with us.
For our readers, if you are employed under term contract, make sure your letter of appointment states the above as the minimum for your employment. Alternatively, the Ministry of Manpower provides detailed information on what constitutes the policies under the Employment Act. Do refer to their website for more information!
Singapore's Ageing Population
Career Fair at the London School of Business and Finance